Tuesday, July 26, 2011

30-Day Song Challenge, Day 2




A song I hate?

I hate "Mickey" by Toni Basil so much that I'm not going to spell check OR fact check this post. I hate "Micky" so much that I'm passing this hate on to you. "Mickey" is a song that has made me support capital punishment, to advocate date-rape drugs. Part of my hatred for "Mickey" stems from its ubiquitous presence on/at Korean informercials, store openings, spelling bees; but what makes me hate it the most is that it's a really fucking annoying song. It's like watching children pee their pants. It's like watching a deer eat a flower and then explode. It's like finding out your favorite author was a child molester.

"Micky" can go to Hell. That the song was ever considered new wave is a slap in the face to all of the early 80's pioneers who actually made good songs that don't make people want to throw up.

And if by chance you like "Mickey," I won't hold it against you, but I totally fucking will.

It's on YouTube.

1 comment:

Kmork said...

It's guys like you, Sparky! Oh, what you do, Sparky, do, Sparky; don't break my heart, Sparky.