Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day Fifteen: An Electric Six-Shooter Pointed Toward the Feet



Day 15 - A song that describes you

Personally, I think today's challenge was designed to throw people a curveball or, if one ascribes deviant tendencies to the the challenge's designer, it's an attempt to highlight folks' flawed desire to be associated with something that was never intended for them; and not in the Carly Simon theme song to The Spy Who Loved Me You're So Vain way, but more of an I wish this song encapsulated my existence! sort of thing. Such longings are understandable of course, as I would love to submit the Allman Brothers Band's Midnight Rider as my song (on account of it being awesome) but I can't, given that I own the clothes I'm wearin' (to say nothing of the fact that I haven't a silver dollar in my possession).*

So in lieu of anything dramatic, personal, revealing or meaningful:
Electric Six - Down at McDonnelzzz

Now whether or not the song describes me in some way is a question best left to people who'd like to think they know shit about shit; and if you're reading this blog, chances are you're not one of those sanctimonious individuals.



* Take that to be metaphorical as well as literal.

No comments: