Thursday, August 06, 2009

Can't Touch This!

What makes Psychedelic Kimchi so special? is a question frequently asked of me, and to be honest, I hadn't given it much thought until recently. Rarely is the audience of much importance to me. I mean, I love you (at least a few of you) but this hallowed blog is not an acquired taste; I think you either like it or loathe it, and in that sense, trying to quantify the unfathomable is like taking a close-up shot of the horizon, you know?


Still, if you are bound and determined to get an answer, I'll provide you with one. It's not the games, nor the prose (and certainly not the haiku) that makes PK so wondrous. It's the sense of fraternity, a brotherhood (and sisterhood, if we're ever so lucky to embrace a female contributor*) rarely found in these hectic, disjointed times, as the following examples demonstrate admirably.





Fingernail getting out of hand? No sweat, player.


Hangnail bringing you down? Ain't no thing.


Hairdresser been gettin' sloppy? Got your back.


Top that, CHUD.com




* One that doesn't suck.

No comments: