Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Random Tuesdays, Ladies Get In Free!


The similarities between last Tuesday and this one are eerie -- and since I won 10 million won in the lotto last week, I'm posting another (albeit brief) collection of random thoughts. If you send me a check for 10 dollars (or cheque, if you prefer) I may just make this a regular feature. I realize that may sound crass after mentioning that I recently won a shitload -- to me, anyway -- of money, but you have to realize something: I have a family to feed.




- 3 years ago I got my first wisdom tooth. Just last week my second poked through. Does this mean I'm a slow learner?

Also, Koreans refer to wisdom teeth as "love teeth." But whose love? The dentist's? The tooth fairy's?

Fidel Castro's?




- A note to everyone I know, should you see me tomorrow: I'm not angry, and I'm not drunk. I stayed out in the sun too long again today, and I have a sunburn.

I look like a gochu.

- Finally, here are some bible exerpts with the surname 'Malone' added after every mention of 'Moses':

And the Lord said unto Moses Malone, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

-- Exodus (ch. X, v. 21)



And Moses Malone said unto the children of Israel, See, the LORD hath called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship; And to devise curious works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in the cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of wood, to make any manner of cunning work."

-- Exodus (ch. XXXV, v. 25)




Next week I plan to show passages from the Torah, substituting that book's deity's name with Jayhova. God, I'm witty.


No comments: