Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dancing on the Ceiling (Fun Fact)




Way back when, I attended the University of Northern Iowa as an undergraduate, and as part of the collegiate experience, I worked out at the Wellness and Recreation Center (also known as the WRC) in an attempt to a) stay fit; b) offset the binge drinking; and c) check people out.
Anyway -and this was before MP3 players were common, so it was harder to drown out the world via headphones while exercising, as strapping a DiscMan to one's arm was impractical and WalkMans were out of fashion- the employees of the WRC got to choose the music that blasted from the sound system. I had a bit of a crush on a lady working at the desk upstairs, and one of her frequent selections was Kylie Minogue's 2001 album, Fever. I don't know if the crush had an effect on my preferences, or if brute repetition played the greatest role, but the (fun!) fact remains that I can't get enough of the album's second track, Love at First Sight. 
Why am I sharing this tidbit? The thing is, there aint a surgeon like you any place in all the world, so now, shall I remove my clothes?

No comments: