Thursday, June 09, 2011

Day Twelve: The Black Box System of a Downed Airplane Stuck Up My Ass



Day 12 - A song from a band you hate

To say that I hate stuff is a bit of an exaggeration. Sure, there are plenty of things I mock regularly (coffeehouse fuckheads, The Rebel Alliance, The Mars Volta, yuppies, Wolverine, organic markets, idealjetsam, John Carpenter's career after the Eighties, etc.) but that's just for fun, really, and it's a far cry from hatred. Even now, when prompted to highlight a song from a band I hate, it's easier to think of something I simply loathe, and that band is System of a Down. Fuck, does that group drive me up the wall; and if anything, System of a Down is the perfect storm of shitty instrumentals, shitty vocals, shitty Look at us! We're so outspoken! do-gooder ideology, and perhaps worst of all, shitty hairstyles. Congratulations, Serj Tankian & Co. You win the Inane Bullshit with Twisted Sister Hairdos Award.


I hesitate to even post a song by this mangled set of hippo testicles, so let's go with a cover of Berlin's 'Metro' instead of something atrociously original.

System of a Down - Metro

No comments: