Thursday, June 02, 2011

Day Nine: A Pair of Scissors with Sisters



Day 09 - A song that you can dance to

This one's been a killer, Defenestrated Readers. See, the thing is that, to be candid, I'm not much of a dancer; even wasted, you'd be hard pressed to get me on a dance floor of any kind save a slab of cardboard, though that alone would be a Herculean endeavor and, furthermore, while one could envision dancing as a euphemism for sex, that too would be problematic, given that said activity is met with an equal amount of disdain on my part - some folks may bemoan their loss in either category, perhaps, but whatcha gonna do?*

So this is my song for dancing regardless of how one interprets the phrase.

Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'





Bonus Round!

Out of curiosity, I asked some friends (readers and philistines alike) to toss out their own predictions as to which songs would, or should appear on my list; of this hallowed bunch, the first arrives courtesy of Kelli, Constant Retard Extraordinaire.

Def Leppard - Photograph

To paraphrase her thoughts on the matter:

See, I would think that you'd put Photograph on the list, somewhere. For as many years as I've known you, it's a song you're guaranteed to rally behind in most any situation. It's such a Chicken Wire song!

Verily, Kelli. Verily.


* Oh, the humanity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you've asked for rec's, here's a nice song for you, if you think of the "she" as you. It's, for lots of people, a perfectly sad song, but, for you, I imagine that it will be something not unlike a thrill. Sort of like an un-dance, or un-sex. And I thought I'd give you this link, since you can imagine that you're at カラオケ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwBIokIuRbI&feature=related