Tuesday, May 05, 2009

05/08/2003




May is a month of days: Worker's Day, my birthday and Buddha's, Teacher's Day, my mother's birthday, Parents' Day (Korea), Mother's Day (the West), and Masta Ace Day (Psychedelic Kimchi). But none are bigger to me than May 5th, Children's Day.

I don't need a reminder that I have a daughter so amazing that a thousand adjectives can't do her justice, but it's nice to commemorate it once a year. Sometimes it's good to be wistful, too.

This is for the 18th Letter, who speaks in universal truths; who once told me, correctly, that, "It's good to be alive, because then you can do stuff."

Damn straight.

As you once told me, "Children's Day is for everyone, because everyone is someone's child."

Happy Children's Day, everyone.

Daddy loves you, Rahne.


No comments: