Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I will show you genius in a handful of green glass




Let's face it, soju brands aren't known for their uniqueness vis a vis packaging and labeling. They're all bottled in green, um, bottles, each with the same off-white label and frustratingly -- and thumb-cuttingly -- stubborn cap seal.

Enter: Cheoeum Cheoreom soju and their capital idea to hire singer (and all-around sexy girl) Lee Hyori as their spokesperson*.

Now, putting Hyori's face/body/posterior/labia on the front of a soju bottle, while awesome, could be seen by some as crass. The answer? Put a picture of her on the bottle's back label and tell your distributors to place the bottles backwards in convenience store refrigerators.

Then proceed to reap the monetary rewards.

(On a personal note, I was "Hyori'd" this very evening. I hope you'll believe me when I say it wasn't the first time. Nor will it be the last.)




* I'm no feminist, so I'm using "spokesperson" over "product whore" or "marketing slut."

No comments: