Thursday, September 06, 2007

The PK 27 -- Track 29

(Only available on the Special Edition 8-track "PK 27: Funky 4 Plus 4 More," to be released in the fall of the year 49311. Order now from Amazon and receive a fossilized replica of my tortured soul, replete with kung-fu grip.)



I'm dumbin. I'm pulling an IDJ (if PK is basketball, I'm George Karl). I'm buying time for K-Hot to contribute when he gets back from the land of coconut milk and honeys (pace wins the race).

I'm purposefully being vague. It's better that way, Terry.

(Not you, the other Terry.)

Mostly, I'm being lazy. I could have written a post describing Kanye West's new album, Graduation, as the most ambitious mainstream hip-hop release since Jay-Z's The Blueprint*; I could have told you that Aesop Rock's None Shall Pass is mostly a yawn fest (I don't hate myself or have multiple body piercings, so I might be the only living human alive to consider Bazooka Tooth his magnum opus).

I could have given you the world.

(Failing that, a killer grilled cheese and bacon sandwich. With guitars.)

My sincere apology to Den Dog: Nas is Prince times, like, infinity. So much talent, so many lame albums. Still, there are some gems. As far as a career in the arts goes, I feel the same way about John Carpenter. There comes a point when a visionary can no longer coast on early success -- what have you done for me lately, you know? (Word to Janet.) And, yes, I'm looking in the mirror right now. I have a bit of parsley between my ego.

Track 29 isn't even a very good song (theme!): it's Nas recycling the Iron Butterfly sample he used on "Thief's Theme" (theme!). But it's PK like that because it arouses memories of the greatest road trip ever taken.

Just trust me. It was that good.




* Mos Def, however, is on drugs. I wasn't expecting much from a song titled "Drunk and Hot Girls," but what a debacle. Possibly worse than the entirety of Outkast's Idlewild, which is saying something.

6 comments:

idealjetsam said...

You could have been a right generous landlord and explained away all of my confusion as well. I expect answers before my next post on Saturday.

idealjetsam said...

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET AN ANSWER ON THIS??

idealjetsam said...

No answers. No posts.

Harrison Forbes said...

If it's any consolation, I didn't explain anything to ANYONE -- the rest just intuitively got it, professor :P

idealjetsam said...

That doesn't affect this standoff. 14 hours until I turn off until next weekend.

idealjetsam said...

I got my answer beeeeeyotches!!

Take that.