Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Big Shot Sparkles

Few things compare to the glory of hitting a game-winning shot. Today, I was glorious. Leading 14-11 in 2-on-2, my opponents played hard and managed to even the score. They even had a chance for the win, but when their routine layup rimmed out, I caught the rebound, cleared the ball (none of this free throw line nonsense, either), and passed inside to my partner, who was summarily double teamed. He kicked it back out to me, and from just inside the arc I cocked back and fired. I knew that baby was going in the moment it left my hand.

Problem is, nobody I know saw the shot (my teammate was some guy I met while at the court and will most likely never meet again). So I'm bragging about it here.

Oh, yeah: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzer_beater

No comments: