Thursday, January 26, 2006

Back to Back Rhymin' -- III Times Dope

When is Kendall Gill coming back to the L?
You clearly have no respect for his boxing career. But with that hair, who could blame you?


During the spring of 2001, that John Starks had a nut removed due to testicle torsion.
See? That's an internet myth. Everyone knows he had his testicles removed prior to game 7 in 93.

Who wins the Superbowl?
Got to agree on the Steelers. I mean they have some of the best nicknames ever. Big Ben (Lord knows what sort of appendage comes with that title) and the Bus - The Bus! Incidentally, I predict that Bettis will be the first player to have a heart attack at the Superbowl, assuming Eddy Curry isn't in the stands wearing a Reggie Lewis throwback.

Another reason? Hines Ward was born in Seoul.

I have to wonder what the backstory is. He kind of looks half Asian. I wonder if he is the product of a juicy girl and Pvt. Tyrone Ward. Where I can find out this information? Google?

So yes, the Steelers get my vote. And for all the right reasons.

That said, I think the best subplot of the Super Bowl XL (XL!) is that Shaun Alexander is going into it with no contract. The guy is the league MVP, and has the potential to be the winning XL MVP with an expiring contract. What sort of leverage would that give him going into contract negotiations? The guy will be acting like Rod Tidwell if they win.

But what happens if the Cawks lose and he blows an ACL? Will the Seattle management just leave him in agony on the field and walk away? This would make for riveting television.

Who's performing at half-time this year?
I think Timberlake will be back. Performing with the Survivors of Breast Cancer Choir.

Predictions
Your suggestion that Kobe will fake cry surprises me. Doesn't everything Kobe do feel fake? Look, Jordan was no angel, he was a big gambling, womanising, egocentric sumbitch. But you knew, just knew, it was exactly who he was from the way he held himself. But Kobe? I'm convinced dude is a sociopath. A sociopath who happens to be the greatest modern player. Have you read the police transcripts of the Kobe interview? Bizarre shit. I'm not sure what my point is, but I rest my case.

I'm very keen to see how the Amare thing pans out. Part of me hopes that he comes back strong. The other part of me knows that I don't have him on my fantasy roster, so fuck Amare! Honestly, I'm really quite impressed by what the Suns have done. Kurt Thomas hasn't been a huge addition, but he's done enough. I can't believe that Q and JJ leaving has had almost no effect. And bloody Boris. Don't get me started on Boris. I don't see them getting bounced in the first round. Plus Amare - the world could be theirs. Sans Amare, they'll still make noise.

As to Peja - if there's one thing that baffles me, it's all the sports writers saying "CALLED IT!". Peja/Test was the most obvious trade in history. It even makes sense in fantasy - how often does that kind of universal allignment happen? I'm sure you've got a spin on the trade, but I will say one thing - I trust Lamar Bird.

I think the trade works for the Kings because they have two years to see if Test can just get it. He's basically the man on the Kings now. What do they lose? Not much. Peja had checked out this season and I guarantee he would have opted out.

The Pacers? They've rid themselves of the headache. They know Peja could bolt, but a bolting Peja is a lot better than an unscrewed Test. If they resign him, they win. If Peja walks, at least they had a shot.

The trade in a nutshell? It's like the Pacers and Kings swapped gutshot straights. River pending.

My predictions?
- Shaq wakes himself (and the Heat) up. He's all about the post season at this stage of his career, surely?
- T-Mac guns for 60+. I don't know, if the back holds up, I see him reminding everyone who was the talk of the league 2 seasons ago.
- Knicks put together a ru... In the words of the great Chaz Reinhold: "Damn you, Roger. Damn it! Damn, you!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hines Ward is half-Korean, his mom is Korean and raised him by herself or something