Saturday, August 20, 2005

These are a few of my favorite thangs.

Some premature ejaculations:

1) Billy Corgan's new CD deserves some love. It's no Pumpkins or Zwan, but it does the trick. The Bee Gees cover of To Love Somebody, in fact, is better than the original.

[dodges lightning bolt]

2) Everybody loves Curtis Mayfield, and a big hex on anyone who doesn't. But his earlier recordings with The Impressions tend to get ignored. People Get Ready is one of the most soulful songs ever made; and if you don't attend church, at least listen to that song on a Sunday morning for some spiritual cleansing.

But the best Impressions song in my opinion is the sublime 'Man oh Man (I Wanna Go Back),' a song which I can't even find to illegally download. That there is what's wrong with this world.

3) A Clockwork Orange is finally available for purchase in Korea. I personally feel that the time is ripe to subject the penninsula to dildo maimings.

4) 'The Last Waltz (Mido's Theme)' from the 'Oldboy' soundtrack is the most beautiful piece of music ever written. There, I've said it.

5) I sincerely hope that "peanut butter and chocolate" catches on in Korea before this whole reunification junk.

6) 'Mr. Sun' by Raffi is the best children's song ever written. There, I've said it.

7) www.bugs.co.kr is OK, but until they have Sadat X's 'Wild Cowboys,' or Main Source's 'Breaking Atoms,' they're strictly bush league.

8) As a noted and acclaimed pillow afficianado, I fully endorse the big puffy pillows on sale at E-Mart. Do yourself a favor and pick up a dozen or so. It's like sleeping on a cloud, only with considerably less moisture.

[Warning: they're hard to spot, as they're sold vacuum-sealed and look like door mats]

And on that note, I'm off to bed.

No comments: