Saturday, May 21, 2011

The 30-Day Song Challenge (of Boredom): Day One




Have I mentioned that as of late, I've been suffering from a bout of boredom? Perhaps I referred to it as an ennui of sorts before tonight, as between the not-so-imminent Rapture, shovel filing, and malt liquor there's been, shall we say, a veritable dearth of stimulation, and what's a polyphonic wraith to do when there's no one left to haunt? Why, peruse the hive of scum and villainy known as The Mos Eisley Cantina Facebook, of course! Let it be known, here and now, that I'm well behind the times 'cause I, literally, just noticed the 30 Day Song Challenge existed, and there's like, a million fans of it already. While better late than never is such a bullshit phrase indeed, I'll grant it some merit in this particular case since I've nothing better to kill than time.

Day 01 - Your Favorite Song

Fuck, that's a tough one, as there are so many amazing songs in existence; yet, having said that, I simply must choose something, and I'm going with Radiohead's Let Down.

Radiohead - Let Down (If you'd like to download and keep the song you can 'right click' on the song title and save the link to your own computer.)

Frequent readers of Psychedelic Kimchi are already well aware of my fondness for the song (one example can be found here) but they would also understand that I don't readily identify with the lyrics, insomuch that the song evokes neither feelings of sadness nor depressing pessimism whatsoever; if anything (as the provided link demonstrates), the theme of Let Down elicits an almost-visceral glee of sorts in yours truly. Beyond that, Let Down is, put simply, six thousand shades of awesome.

No comments: