Thursday, February 05, 2009

Home Fries




The CN Tower seen from an airplane window...Immigration lines that don't discriminate based on nationality (and that kill my sense of entitlement after being raped in Tokyo and Detroit)...The 18th Letter, worth the 15,000 kilometer voyage and a million more...Forcing myself by pure will to stop from putting my shopping items on a store counter before the customer ahead of me is finished with his purchase, which is incredibly hard...The adrenaline of being awake for 30 hours and not wanting or needing to fall asleep...Falling asleep at 10 p.m. and waking up at 1:30 a.m., feeling like I could conquer the world. Again...Coffee and snow...Reading storybooks, completing puzzles, and high-grade cocaine, AKA Jamaican patties (real heads recognize)...In Bruges, the most overlooked film of 2008. By me...Ballet exam and Beer Store, Labbat's Blue and pets...The realization that Canadian television is even more nationalistic than its Korean counterpart...Getting lost in the supermarket and buying a king's ransom in fruit, relatively speaking...Watching basketball at night...

1 comment:

denz said...

"Canadian television is even more nationalistic than its Korean counterpart..,"

And as stupid. I recall being equally humbled. Also, guacamole.

Welcome to the repatriated.