Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Same Title, Different Song XV



Tonight's battle isn't the slightest bit fair.

Allow me to explain. All things considered, I think Ingrid Michaelson is a talented songstress yet the fact remains that pitting Michaelson's The Chain against the Fleetwood Mac song of the same name is a bit like having the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man face off against Godzilla. Sure, I have a soft spot in my heart for ye olde Stay Puft (and who in his or her right mind doesn't?) but the outcome is never in doubt. In other words, grab yourself some chocolate and graham crackers because there's going to be one hell of a s'mores opportunity coming up.

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

Ingrid Michaelson - The Chain

Trivia

The first time I listened to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours was on LP as a kid, and being that kids like me are dumb, I mistakenly played side two first, thus resulting in my erroneous interpretation of The Chain as the album's opening song. To this very day, I tend to think of The Chain that way even though the adult in me knows better. Damn kids.




No comments: