Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day Seven: The Action's Out Here, Brothers




Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event

Okay, okay; so it's been a few days since the last post but hey, weekends don't necessarily count as days, do they? (Of course they don't.) In addition, today's song isn't anything worth bemoaning due to tardiness. Truth be told, it's a dookie of a song if there was one, as in total garbage! yet the song itself is relevant due to the event at which I first encountered its majestic turdiness.

Roughly thirteen years ago, I attended a house party hosted by a friend whose identity shall remain unknown, though for the sake of storytelling, we'll refer to him as Shill Warpe. Anyway, by the time I had shown up -fashionably late, as always- the party was in full swing with about sixty people strewn about the house, garage, yard, and atop parked cars. Needless to say, I was both impressed and surprised, given that the host had expected twenty people, thirty max, to partake in the alcohol-fueled glee, and I was even more dumbstruck to discover a karaoke machine set up in the garage with none other than the host himself at the microphone, singing slowly, softly, and sweetly about a girl's ass being so big he had to give her a backpack. I'll be the first to admit that -as I stood there with a plastic cup full of beer- I was taken aback (yet oh-so reeled in!) by such seductively crass words, and then... came the chorus. Not being familiar with The Outhere Brothers, it was jarring to say the very least, though one thing's for sure: you haven't lived till you've heard a grown man wholeheartedly belt out the phrase I'll fuck you stupid! I'll fuck you so hard, you'll swear my name is Cupid!

And to answer the inevitable question, yes, several ladies (as well as a few guys) positively swooned, yours truly included.


Outhere Brothers - I Wanna

No comments: