Thursday, March 26, 2009

In the Night Kitchen




Oh. Oh, no. That's sooo terrible. So nasty. I can't. I really can't. You want me to do that? I can't. Do it yourself. Do it by yourself.

That sort of defeats the purpose.

I don't care. I can't. I won't. You're on your own.

When am I not? Seriously, let's do it. Live a little.

I'd rather...You know what you're asking me? How can you be so mean?

It'll all work itself out in the end, trust me. I can do it. I'm ready to do it. Let's take the plunge. The water's rising fast. It's already thigh high. So why not? Why fucking not?


It still might work out if we wait. Don't be so reactionary. I'd rather wait and hope for a miracle than spend the rest of my life under an avalanche of grief.

Typical. By the time we get to Phoenix, we'll be dead. Here's you yawning for eternity, here's me staring forever. I'm sorry, but I have to take the bull by the horns. You're with me, for better or worse. This is our only option, don't you realize? One, two, three, let's blow up the bridge.

Just let go of the handlebars, now...You're mad.

Yeah...I've always expected the next thing to happen, and it's never going to again, I guess. This is the last chapter. Do you think we'll meet again?

I hope so.

No comments: