Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We Eat Fish


Some thoughts (mostly basketball related), as I question for the nth time why Q-Tip called himself The Abstract when he should have been called The Straightforward:

I realize I'm biting myself here, but there's a reason the guy's name is Tracy. Dude is fragile like Mr. Glass, and not just physically. The mind tricks the body, body thinks the mind is crazy, and all that...Terry Porter, COY?...I'm digging that D'Antoni has turned the Knicks into the basketball equivalent of mashing the buttons on a Super NES controller in a game of Street Fighter...Iverson as a Piston has lead me to believe that a situation can be (Nene) hilarious, intriguing, embarrassing, awkward, captivating, deceptive, and self-deceptive all at the same time. It may, in fact, be the weirdest basketball situation I've ever seen, yet nobody's talking about it. And I understand; because it's like staring at the sun during an eclipse: fuck the short term, I want to bear witness! Even if I go blind, I might find the answer...Is Gilbert Arenas the KRS ONE of hoops? More like Canibus...I wish Darvin Ham was still in the league and playing for the Grizzlies for a potential "Ham and Mayo on Roy" headline when Memphis plays Portland...Charlie Ward called Larry Brown stubborn...

Tomorrow's headline(s): Reggie Theus to coach Kevin Martin in Hang Time spin-off. Show's name: Sacremento Kings...Oklahoma Thunder change name to the similarly singular Oklahoma Crab, world rejoices...Lebron tells Jay-Z, "That's a one-hot-part-ownership every four-year average." Beef ensues.

Next.

No comments: