Sunday, December 04, 2005

The 2005 Sparklers (pt. un)

The year is drawing to a close, and I'm handing out awards like Paris Hilton is handing out VD. Some are serious, others less so. More awards will be handed out in the next few weeks. I think.



Best Movie I've Seen This Year Award: The Aviator

Best New Book I've Read This Year Award: Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre. I was actually slightly disappointed when I finished it, but it has come to grow on me.

Biggest Obsession and Waste of Time Award: my quest to become the Ms. Pac-Man champion at Expatinkorea.com (http://expatinkorea.com/forum/index.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=39). I hope nobody beats it, because if someone does I'm likely to waste another 3 months trying to regain my title.

Best Hip-Hop Record of the Year Award: The Documentary by The Game. I can't front: even though the subject matter no longer interests me, it has incredible beats, and the rhymes are none too shabby, either.

Best Rock Record of the Year Award: Frances The Mute by The Mars Volta.

Most Guilty Pleasure That Involves The Internet Award: http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/

Funniest Movie I've Seen This Year Award: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. At times it ventures a little too far into gross-out/stupid territory, but Neil Patrick Harris (don't front on NPH) and riding a stoned cheetah make up for it.

Most Winning Smile Award: you have seen the subject of most of the photos on this blog, right?

Best Meal Concocted By My Better Half Award: Budae Tchigae that has to be laced with crack or something.

Biggest WTF Moment of the Year Award: Shirley Temple is still alive and Toni Kukoc still plays basketball (tie).

Stupidest Name For a Kid Award (aka The "There should be some sort of diploma you have to receive to become a parent" Award): Toshiro Lucas McWeeney.

Hot Korean Actress Award (Newcomer): Kim Ah-Jung


Hot Korean Actress Award (Ajumma): Kim Hye-Soo (stay sexy, baby)





Hot Korean Despot Award: Kim Jong-Il

No comments: